Washington (Gallant Gold Media Hill Report | Analysis | June 24, 2019)
by Noreen Wise
The American public has moved into action on the Climate Crisis. The public isn’t waiting for legislators to pass bills, but rather running forward, choosing products and services based on whether or not a business has a climate action agenda.
Slowly but surely, climate action is taking root and starting to sprout all over the country, particularly in coastal cities and states.
The momentum is increasing exponentially and is may prove to have the power necessary to unseat McConnell in 2020.
We’ve got the power as individuals to make changes that save lives:
- “Shining city on the hill” takes on new meaning in 2019. Towns are installing solar panels on streets to harness green energy.
- Retailers a going cold turkey by eliminating single-use plastic bags all together. Here one day, gone the next. Shoppers better have reusables in their cars.
- Towns are banning plastic straws.
- Restaurants are choosing to replace plastic straws with paper.
- According to CNN, 90% of the ocean’s plastic flows through 10 rivers resulting in 400 million pieces of plastic to wash ashore far-flung islands in the Indian Ocean, amongst these were one million shoes and 375,000 toothbrushes (very easy to correct this by keeping tabs on personal belongings when boating and on shorelines)
- YouTube videos are popping up showing consumers how to convert a t-shirt into a reusable shopping bag without having to sew.
- Families are taking advantage of amazing sustainability offers and switching to solar energy with $0 cost for transitioning.
- More Americans are choosing to walk and ride bikes for local errands.
- High Schools in foreign countries have begun requiring students plant 10 trees in order to graduate. American high schools can easily do the same
- Families have created climate action weekly habits: recycle, cold water to wash clothes, turn off lights when leave a room, LED lights.
These tiny, easy adjustments have a significant impact when implemented on a grand scale by millions of Americans. We do NOT need to wait for legislators to act. Begin today to implement your family green agenda.
McConnell is singularly the most responsible American for global warming, voting NAY and eventually blocking every single solitary US initiative to curb carbon emissions, elevating carbon levels from 345 PPM in 1985 to 415 PMM in 2019.
Foreign countries are much further ahead than America. France has begun installing solar roads.Many countries are banning plastic single-use bags by 2025.
Category 5 hurricanes kill, maim and destroy. If all that it takes to reduce and prevent are simple, basic, everyday green habits, is there any benefit to not implementing immediately?
McConnell is highly likely to be removed from office in 2020 if Climate Action becomes the number one priority to the American majority this election season. We have the power here. The ball is in our court.
© Copyright 2018 – 2019. ALL Rights Reserved.