Washington (GGM) Analysis | March 31, 2020
by Noreen Wise
There are no coincidences. Right? So then what are we supposed to make of this very bizarre coincidence?
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was notified on December 30, 2019 of the alarming discovery in Wuhan, China regarding an “unexplained pneumonia” spreading across the city.
- The information was shared across social media as Americans were eagerly looking forward to a special New Years Eve, the beginning of a new decade.
- Additionally, the Articles of Impeachment had been passed in the House prior to the holiday recess, but Pelosi had the good sense not to send the articles to McConnell in the Senate and this was causing a ruckus. One of the contentious issues was the need to have witnesses at the Senate impeachment trial, specifically John Bolton.
- Americans were blinded by a distressing curve ball that blew up the news cycle on January 3, 2020 when word came that Trump had approved the killing of a top Iranian military general, the number two man in the Iranian government, General Qasem Soleimai. This was so controversial, it was debated through every news outlet for the next two weeks, with the Pentagon and the FBI warning Americans to beware of retaliation in the United States.
- Mike Pompeo, who as mentioned had already been informed about the coronavirus, and likely told Trump, was apparently the one behind the killing of Soleimani, urging Trump to go for it. It seems very plausible the two discussed both matters at the same time.
- Meanwhile, also on January 3, 2020, in a dark corner of the White House, official word came announcing that something alarming was happening in Wuhan, China. But who would pay attention to this threat on the other side of the globe while a volcanic international crisis was erupting on our doorstep?
- News of covid-19 was quickly buried under a stack of more pressing and immediate emergencies, with Iran immediately striking back in Iraq with repeated attacks following what some began calling the “assassination” of Soleimani. At one point during this maelstrom, Iran accidentally shot down a Ukrainian commercial flight taking off from an airport in Tehran filled with Iranian and Canadian citizens.
- The heated conflict between Pelosi and McConnell and Trump’s impeachment trial continued, and remained the center focus of the news cycle despite the international chaos over Soleimani’s death.
- As if to top off the month of horror and alarm, Sunday afternoon January 26, 2020 our lives were interrupted by yet another heartbreaking tragedy, the shocking death of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, and everyone onboard their helicopter that plummeted from the sky, crashing into a canyon north of LA, and blowing up on impact.
- In light of these agonizing twists and turns that just so happen to line up exactly with word of the coronavirus arriving in DC, I have a few simple questions: Why did Pompeo push to have Soleimani removed in such a dramatic and controversial take down when he was fully aware it would divert attention away from the coronavirus early warnings? No American leader would do this unless it was their intention to do so. Why was this their intention?
© Copyright 2018 – 2020. ALL Rights Reserved.