Washington (GGM) Analysis | December 9, 2019
by Noreen Wise
This week is bound to be one of the most historic weeks in the 230 years since our Constitution was ratified in 1789. Facts, spin, misinformation and propaganda are all tangled together.
How do we keep it straight? Probably the best way is to focus on the mainframe. The skeleton of the impeachment inquiry. The basic facts. To do this though, we have to remove the spin that the GOP loyalists have unleashed in order to block the truth. Again, it’s the GOP Trump loyalists who are creating the spin, NOT all Republicans everywhere.
- There are many Trump Administration officials who discussed removing Trump from office using the 25th Amendment back in 2017/2018. We all certainly recall the “Anonymous” NYT OpEd published on September 8, 2018, that outlined discussions about whether the 25th Amendment was the best method for dealing with Trump’s refusal to follow the rule of law and the Constitution. These dedicated, hard working, patriotic cabinet secretaries who were all Republican and hand chosen by Trump, confirmed by Republican senators, became so alarmed by Trump’s agenda and handling of affairs, that when they couldn’t go through with the 25th Amendment removal, many eventually resigned from their positions, deciding to align themselves with the right side of history.
- If we all scroll the monthly headlines since Trump’s inauguration, the majority of us will be able to acknowledge the extensive layers of proof we have at our disposal to process the facts. We’ve known since the very first day, that Trump will use any means necessary to achieve his goals. The facts uncovered by the House Intelligence Committee when interviewing 12 critical witnesses, each outlining various aspects of Trump’s Ukraine bribery scheme, shouldn’t surprise anyone. They certainly didn’t surprise me.
- We can pull up Trump rallies on YouTube and listen to Trump bribes at every single one. Several particularly alarming rally bribes are ones such as: “If you vote for me in 2020, I’ll give you a middle class tax cut of 10%.” Or how about, “Vote for me in 2020, and I’ll give you the medical care you want.”
- This is simply who Trump is and has always been. Several cabinet secretaries who resigned much later the others admitted that they tried to be the guardrails that would keep Trump inside the lines, but Trump didn’t want that. Just like he didn’t want a guardrail like Ukraine Ambassador Yovanovitchkeeping him inside the lines when dealing with his theme in Ukraine. We get it. It’s a no-brainer unmanly levels.
But GOP Reps like Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan and Ranking Member Doug Collins have their marching orders. They are the Trump loyalists, the disrupters who seem intent on blocking the approaching bipartisan patriots on a mission to hold Trump accountable for destroying our national character, are well as our values and eroding the Constitution. Their twisted spin includes three main talking points:
- “This is first partisan impeachment, with ONLY Dems onboard.” FALSE. For nearly three years, there has been a bipartisan effort to keep the checks & balances outlined in our Constitution in play and hold Trump accountable. As previously noted, GOP Cabinet Secretaries discussed using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. However, many patriotic GOP either resigned or were fired just like Yovanovitch.
- GOP Trump loyalists claim Dems are trying to remove trump from office because they lost the 2016 presidential election. FALSE. This propaganda would only be believable if Trump stayed inside the lines. But since he doesn’t, and since he’s shouted to the public on many occasions that he’s above the law, and since numerous tell-all books have outlined just how far outside the lines he operates, this particular GOP talking point is more like a sick joke.
- The Mueller Report found Trump innocent. FALSE. The Mueller Report did NOT find trump innocent. The Mueller report is a massive compilation of very dry, hard-core facts that state there was obstruction of justice. That Russia influenced the outcome of the 2016 election, implying that trump may in fact be an illegitimate president. And that Mueller wasn’t able to interview all the necessary witnesses (one of which wasTrump) to prove that trump colluded with Russia.
That’s basically it in a nutshell. Pathetic really. The trick is now getting the American public to see clearly through all the smoke and mirrors. We can do this!
I highly recommend Republicans read the book A Warning by Anonymous. Anonymous is a Republican, and A Warning appears to have been written for the silent Republican Senators and Congressional Representatives who refuse to stand up to Trump, as well as for Trump’s base. The message is very powerful. And convincing. ~
© Copyright 2018 – 2019. ALL Rights Reserved.